In a notoriously expensive place such as Napa Valley, Napa wine tour packages are perhaps a blessing to those who want to discover and experience the Wine Country on a budget. When you are aware or are informed about the choices of itineraries and their corresponding rates, you will be able to plan your budget and your schedule.
At the same time though, you may want to look for packages that guarantee you a unique travel experience in Napa. For you, your stay in Napa should be something that you cannot easily forget.
If you want to go around the city of Napa and nearby towns and cities, perhaps the best way is to take a ride on the Napa Valley Wine Train. Hop into the fabulously restored vintage Pullman cars and enjoy a three-to-six hour scenic ride that will take you from the city of Napa to Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford and finally, St. Helena. Visit several certain wineries and estates (depending on the package), which offer unique activities themselves.
- Castelo di Amorosa – Tour around the 13th-century Tuscan-inspired castle constructed with moats, drawbridges and defensive towers, and even a torture chamber with an authentic 300-year-old iron maiden. Despite some gory elements, the place is nevertheless kid-friendly, offering trail rides in the wine country and even non-alcoholic and sweet Syrah and Muscat Canelli grape juice.
- Grgich Hills Estate – Visit Grgich Hills Estate especially during harvest time as it hosts its annual grape-stomping activities. Hop in a barrel of freshly-picked ripe grapes and tread away to heart’s content! It will surely be fun for you and your friends or your whole family.
- Sattui – Seeing V. Sattui may already be the highlight of your on-the-ground wine tours. The good thing about this family-owned winery is that it requires no appointment — just enter the premises as you arrive! One of the most popular wineries in Napa, the sprawling estate boasts a garden with olive trees lined with lavenders, as well as picnic grounds where you can enjoy lunches prepared by the winery itself. Not to be missed is the main tasting room which almost feels like a party!
Other wineries you should check out:
- Sterling Vineyards – Hop inside the aerial tram that will take you and the other guests up to this hilltop winery in Calistoga. Enjoy spectacular views of the landscape while having a cable car ride!
- Raymond Vineyards – You don’t have to be a wine connoisseur to make a good wine. At least, Raymond Vineyards in St. Helena won’t require you to, and otherwise, allows anyone who wants to become a winemaker for a day. For a reasonable fee, you will be able to create three different blends to produce your own bottle of wine that suits your personal taste.
Wine lovers may also seek for some dash of adventure in their wine tours. Let Balloons Above the Valley (BATV) take care of that! With the combination of on-the-ground wine tours and exhilarating sunrise hot air balloon rides, you’ll never be left short of fun, thrill, and amazement!
Let your breaths be taken away by the picturesque Napa Valley landscape in a bird’s eye view while you relish the feeling of being up in the sky!
You don’t have to worry about the cost — BATV may offer the luxury of a hot air balloon flight over the Napa Valley, without the “luxurious” price tag.
Choose your own BATV adventure:
- Flight and brunch ($245 per head) – enjoy nothing less than a Michelin-starred brunch after your one-hour hot air balloon adventure. (there’s also a pre-flight breakfast).
- Flight brunch and wine tour ($354 per head) – Pre-flight breakfast, one hour flight, post-flight Michelin-awarded brunch with a sparkling wine, and tours to selected wineries.
- Flight only ($219 per head) – Pre-flight breakfast and one hour flight. Optional round-trip transportation from your lodging in Napa (or even Sonoma).
With our high-quality and regularly maintained aircraft as well as licensed, experienced and friendly flight crews, you don’t have to think of anything else than enjoying your moment with the sky, the sunrise, and the world-famous Napa scenery with neat rows of grapevines spreading across the valleys. BATV’s reasonably-priced Napa wine tour packages will give you the kind of experience that’s simply like no other!