Good times for families, friends, and couples visiting Napa Valley after the hectic days of the harvest season do not stop. Following the enormous community-wide sigh of relief following the harvest, the businesses and communities shift gears to offer more wonderful and pleasing experiences during the winter season.
Of course, the Christmas and New Year’s holidays add glitter and an abundance of seasonal delights. Businesses and communities are decked out in their holiday splendor while you enjoy a stroll through the streets of the Napa Valley’s villages during December.
And, if you enjoy shorter lines at restaurants, night clubs, and other venues, winter is the best time to be in Napa Valley. Reservations for your choice of restaurants, wineries, and a breathtaking Napa Valley balloon ride are easier to book.
Wintertime Fun in Napa Valley
Following your morning hot air balloon Napa ride, plan your days around the many other events in the area. Here is a brief sample of things to do:
- Winter in the Wineries lasts from December 7 through February 8. With your Winter in the Wineries Passport, you and your friends can experience the fun and delicious wines at sixteen of the top wineries in Calistoga. For only $60, your Passport is also suitable for discounts for lodging, shops, and spas in Calistoga.
- Live Performances at Uptowne Theatre in Napa feature top musical entertainment during December. Make your reservations for:
- December 20th The Blind Boys of Alabama
- December 22nd Windham Hill Winter Solstice
- December 28th Abba the Concert
All the shows start at 8:00 P.M.
- “Jingle All the Way” in St. Helena’s Lyman Park invites families and friends to enjoy roller skating, live music, hot toddy and wine stands, and many family fun activities. Activities will run until December 27.
- Catch The Santa Train at the Napa Valley Wine Train Station in Napa until December 27th. An unforgettable family experience, you will sip cocoa and sing along with Santa himself. After you embark on your one and one-half hour journey to the North Pole and back, you will enjoy ongoing music and entertainment during your magical journey. Learn more about the Santa Train schedule on the Visit Napa Valley website.
- A Napa Valley Balloon Ride with Balloons Above the Valley is a beautiful and memorable experience. Piloted by experienced professional hot air balloon pilots, your Napa Valley balloon ride allows you to view the area from a unique and totally safe perspective. Following your journey, enjoy a chef-prepared champagne lunch and wine tour.
Make your reservations for your wintertime hot air balloon Napa Valley experience on our reservations page. Or, if you have questions, phone 1-800-464-6824 for more information.