October is a decisive month in Napa Valley. The entire year’s activities have been pointing toward the all-important grape harvest. All hands are on deck to ensure the harvest and crushing are successful.
For visitors, the wineries and communities of Napa Valley offer plenty of opportunities to enjoy the weather, food, fun, and, of course, the wine tasting events. Many begin their Napa Valley adventures with a memorable and safe hot air balloon Bay Area ride as they drift gloriously among the clouds, over the vineyards, and wineries of Napa Valley.
Check out some of the notable wine tasting and other events in Napa Valley during October.
- October 6: Herold Harvest Celebration: Hosted by noted winemaker, Mark Herold, guests can enjoy a delectable vineyard dinner at one of Mark’s original vineyards in Coombsville. Served Panamanian-style tapas, you can toast the harvest by enjoying some newly released Cabernets.
- October 12: 5th Annual CRUSH CHALLENGE: Hosted by the deLeuze Family Charitable Foundation and ZD Wines, the Crush Challenge is a delightful event incorporating wine tasting with excellent foods prepared by acclaimed chefs, and private bicycle rides through many of the famous Napa Valley vineyards. Admire the Napa Valley balloons as they float majestically across the beautiful autumn sky. A Crush Challenge’s multi-food, multi-chef wine dinner will cap off the festivities. All proceeds go to local charities.
- October 19: Hometown Harvest Festival: The St. Helena Hometown Harvest is a family-oriented community tradition that includes:
- Morning Fun Run
- Pet Parade
- Live Music
- Carnival Rides
- Wine Lounge for tasting
- Arts and Crafts
- Food Alley
Stay all day and enjoy the family fun.
- Throughout October: Balloons Above the Valley: Greet Napa Valley wine tasting, food, and fun with an exhilarating hot air balloon Bay Area Balloon Ride. This wondrous experience will be a highlight of your wine tasting adventure to Napa Valley in October.
Soar with Balloons Above the Valley Napa Valley Balloons
We at Balloons Above the Valley offer several packages for your hot air balloon Bay Area experience. These are:
- Hot air balloon ride
- Hot air balloon ride followed by a Mimosa Brunch
- Hot air balloon ride + Mimosa Brunch + Hosted Wine Tour
For Groups originating in the Bay Area, we offer a 2-day Hot Air Balloon Bay Area package. You will be transported from San Francisco to Napa Valley while enjoying a brunch and a Golden Gate photo opportunity along the way.
You will visit two Sonoma and two Napa Valley wineries prior to arrival at your hotel.
Your second day begins with an unforgettable Napa Valley balloon ride. After the flight, you will enjoy a relaxing champagne brunch at Michelin-awarded C-Casa Restaurant in Napa.
Following the delightful brunch, we transport you the short distance to the Vallejo Ferry Terminal for a scenic ride back to San Francisco.
For more information regarding your hot air balloon Bay Area ride, contact Balloons Above the Valley at 1-800-464-6824.