In the 1600s, the original Thanksgiving celebrations were conducted by the early Massachusetts colonists to give thanks for their recent harvests. Today, we still gather in November to offer our appreciation for our own families and prosperity.
Thanksgiving in Napa Valley is also a celebration of the year’s harvests and a time when local residents and visitors can enjoy the fruits of their labor, cultural activities, culinary events, and even an enjoyable morning hot air balloon Napa Valley with Balloons Above the Valley.
Feasting in Napa Valley
Several Napa Valley venues offer magnificent Thanksgiving feasts for the whole family. In many instances, reservations are required, so prospective celebrants should commit very soon for these November 22 events.
Below are examples of a few Thanksgiving events in Napa Valley:
Napa Wine Train Thanksgiving Dinner
A kaleidoscope of scenery will spin past during your 3-1/2 hour Thanksgiving Dinner Napa Wine Train excursion through the stunning fall landscape. Roast turkey with herb stuffing following an acorn squash bisque is offered along with a pumpkin dessert prepared by Executive Chef Donald Young. Look upward and you may catch sight of at least one colorful hot air balloon Napa gloriously drifting across the skyline.
Restaurants, Spas, and Hotels Serving Thanksgiving Dinner in Napa Valley
Make a reservation and begin your day with an exhilarating hot air balloon Napa ride drifting above the miles of recently harvested vineyards. After returning to the Valley floor, prepare to head out to a delicious and fun Thanksgiving Dinner at one of the many venues celebrating the Holiday. Some of these include:
- Farm at Carneros: 3-course family-style dinner of traditional Thanksgiving fare
- Acacia House in St. Helena: festive menu, professionally devised and executed, including roast turkey breast and a choice of many creative side dishes and desserts.
- Angele Restaurant & Bar in Napa: Excellent pre-set Thanksgiving menu and wine pairings.
- Boon Fly Café: Complete with traditional offerings and decadent desserts for a three-course meal from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Brunch will be served from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. A Boon Fly Brunch is a perfect followup to a hot air balloon Napa in the early morning.
- LaToque in the Westin Verasa Napa’s 21st Annual Thanksgiving Feast: Seasonal items and traditional Thanksgiving fare, LaToque offers four delicious courses from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, perfectly timed to follow your hot air balloon Napa Valley ride.
Nearby Sonoma County also offers plenty to do during the Thanksgiving season. After a morning hot air balloon Napa Valley, for example, head over for a Thanksgiving Feast with Snoopy at the Charles M. Shultz Museum from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm on November 17.
Add a Hot Air Balloon Napa Valley Ride to Your Plans
Soaring majestically above the beautiful valley and mountain landscape, a hot air balloon Napa Valley is a must-do experience. For more information and reservations regarding hot air balloon Napa Valley, check out our packages!