U.S. News & World Reports say March through May is one of the best times to visit the Napa Valley, and we couldn’t agree more! It’s also one of the most enjoyable times to experience a hot air balloon ride.
Spring is the time of year when the weather warms, the days get longer, and the miles of vines begin to wake from their long winter nap. While there’s no bad season to head to the Napa Valley, here are five great reasons for planning a trip to the area this spring.
- “Bud break” is an exciting time of the year. The beginning of the growing season is when the vines begin to sprout their tiny buds that eventually turn into shoots. This is also the time the growers start pruning, waking the vines from their dormancy and making way for new growth.
- Many of the wineries’ gardens are in full bloom this time of year. And the Napa Solano Home & Garden Show takes place during the last weekend in April. You can visit hundreds of floral and garden exhibits, meet experts in dozens of industries, tour tiny homes, and learn all the latest ideas in home improvement, remodeling, landscaping, and outdoor living.
- Warm weather heralds the arrivals of whites, pinks, and roses! Spring is the ideal time to celebrate newly released wines and many local wineries host release celebrations.
- Love the outdoors? Spring is the perfect season for heading out and exploring the many hiking trails in Napa Valley.
- You have through May 20th to visit the Napa Valley Museum in Yountville and take in the “France is a Feast: The Photographic Journey of Paul and Julia Child” exhibit. The show features rare and beautiful black and white photos taken by the renowned chef’s husband of both Julia and the French countryside. Don’t forget to check out the work by local ceramists on display in the museum’s lower level.
Balloon Rides in Napa Valley
Want an unforgettable getaway to Napa? Combine any of the above activities with one of our exciting sunrise balloon rides high above the newly budding vineyards. An exhilarating hot air balloon flight typically lasts about an hour, so it’s easy to fit one in with your other holiday plans. There’s just no better way to tour the valley than by serenely floating above the beautiful landscape as the sun rises and lights up the sky.
From our hot air balloon rides that include pre-flight coffee and pastries to our flight and champagne brunch at the Michelin Awarded C Casa in Oxbow Public Market, we offer a range of flights perfect for couples or groups. A hot air balloon flight is a unique experience you’ll remember for a lifetime!
We’re passionate about ballooning, and we know that you’ll love it too. To learn more about our flights and how to experience the thrill of Napa Valley from a whole new perspective, contact us today. We look forward to flying with you!