Hot air ballooning is one of the most sought-after recreational pursuits in the wine region of Napa Valley, California.
The Napa Valley is one of the most famous hot air ballooning destinations in the world, and this is in every hot air balloon lovers’ bucket list. And even if you’re going to do this for the first time, you won’t regret it once you hop in to the hot air balloon basket!
Hot air ballooning over Napa Valley is an awesome experience, from summer to winter. Every season unfolds wonderful natural jewels for the tourists to see! When you’ve decided to embark on your first (or third or sixth!) hot air balloon ride, choose Balloons Above the Valley (BATV) to help you realize your plans!
Imagine your awe and fascination while you’re riding on any of BATV’s hot air balloons, gently hovering over the beauteous Napa Valley landscape:
- Summer – this is the time where tourism in Napa Valley reaches its peak — and it means lots of festivals and crowded cafes, restaurants and wineries, tasting bars, etc. Hot air ballooning is a perfect way to escape all the hubbub on the ground. Once you’re up in the sky, you will be lured to the golden hills, neat, verdant rows of grapevines, the warmth of the sun, and the sunshine that will gradually rise over the breathtaking Napa landscape.
- Fall – you know that summer in Napa Valley means crowds and long lines of people jostling for the tasting bars, so you may opt instead to go there during autumn. And we promise that Napa Valley in the fall will surely be wonderful! This season will be of great benefit to hot air balloons, which prefer cooler winds. Enjoy the explosion of greens and predominantly golden colors from the hills and the vineyards. You may see some splashes of purples and light greens which from the grapes which are ready to be harvested for winemaking.
- Winter – it’s no winter wonderland in Napa Valley; instead, winters in the Napa Valley are mild, brought by bright, sunny days interspersed with occasional seasonal rains and some frosts. You may be bothered by the cold, but at the same thing you will find great things in Napa during this season: fewer crowds and stunningly beautiful changes in the environment. You will see the vivid yellows brought by wild mustard blooms that proliferate amidst the barren and dormant grapevines. Aside from the bright yellows, you will also marvel at the intense emerald greens from the rolling hills that complete the beauty of Napa Valley in this season.
- Spring – this season is one of the best times to visit Napa Valley. It may be sometimes very wet (especially in February) but it still won’t dampen your spirit from enjoying the views of the Napa Valley in this season. Spring bursts forth an incredible bouquet of color — greens, yellows, reds, and more from the foliage and the flowers. And you will appreciate more of the awesome display of different colors once you’re flying on a hot air balloon on a crisp, clear morning.
You will enjoy these awesome views when you choose Balloons Above the Valley! Not only will you be able to marvel at the breathtaking, picturesque scenery in the region, in any season — you will also be able to enjoy other luxurious perks at a price that you can afford!
BATV was recently received the 2015 Certificate of Excellence and Hall of Fame awards from the world’s leading travel website TripAdvisor.com. For almost 40 years, we have been committed to providing enjoyable and safe hot air balloon experiences coupled with the best services that leave a lasting impression on our clients.
You don’t have to take our word for it. See some of the testimonials from our clients (culled from our website and other travel websites):
- “Always wanted to do this. My expectations were surpassed. Beautiful flight and extremely gracious personnel!”
- “Everyone involved in this experience were amazing and we had the time of our lives. The Balloon ride was amazing, and the Champaign Brunch at the end was a perfect send off. Check another item off the Bucket List”
- “My wife had a vision of what a balloon flight should be and the entire staff completely surpassed that vision. Thank you!”
- “The hostess was warm and friendly! The pilot, JP, was excellent. We loved them both! The brunch was good and we would definitely return!”
Hot air ballooning offers you spectacular and indescribably gorgeous views of the Napa Valley from another perspective. Imagine your awe while hot air ballooning over Napa Valley in any season! Your experience will be made more awesome when you go to Balloons Above the Valley — you will enjoy not just the hot air ballooning, but also the delicious pre-flight breakfasts and sumptuous post-flight champagne brunch, wine tours, shopping, and more!