Photo courtesy of Napa Valley Bike Tours
Napa Valley fun is not limited to adults. The communities and businesses of our famous wine country offer many venues appropriate for the younger set and activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family; like taking a ride in a Napa hot air balloon.
There’s Music Everywhere
Free outdoor summer concerts featuring live music are presented in nearly every community of Napa Valley. Here is a brief list:
- Calistoga Concerts in the Park: Pioneer Park- each Thursday through August 22 at 6:30 PM
- Napa City Nights: Veterans Memorial Park- each Friday through August 23 at 6:30 PM
- St. Helena Summer Concert Series: Lyman Park- alternating Thursdays through August 22 at 6:00 PM
- Yountville Music in the Park: Yountville Veterans Memorial Park- Thursday evenings at 5:00 PM on July 21, August 11, August 25, September 8, September 22.
- Napa Porchfest: July 28, 12:30-5:00 PM throughout Napa. This traveling music show will have you doing the traveling from porch-to-porch throughout the Napa neighborhoods. See and hear dozens of musical performances performed from the porches of various houses and buildings. Foods and restroom facilities will be provided at Fuller Park, the hub of the event.
Napa Hot Air Balloon Ride
Try a hot air balloon California-style. It’s safe, fun, and guaranteed to offer lifelong memories and wonderful photo ops to share with friends and relatives back home. At dawn, you will lift-off, rising to greet the morning sunrise as you float gently above the vineyards. Your experienced pilot will demonstrate how the balloon operates and point out important landmarks during your one-hour flight above the Valley.
Lake Berryessa: Swim, Boat, Hike, Camp
After your hot air balloon California ride, head to Lake Berryessa. With 165 miles of beautiful shoreline, the lake offers plenty of family fun and adventure. Just 30 miles northeast of Napa, the lake is perfect for kayaks and other types of watercraft. You may even rent a houseboat to motor around one of California’s largest freshwater lakes. Cabins are also available for rent.
Mill Flour at Bale Grist Mill
Bale Grist Mill is a family-friendly historic site that became a working grist mill in 1846. Watch the 36-foot water-powered grinding wheel turn grains into several types of flour. You can even purchase some to take home for baking. The areas and parks nearby are excellent for hiking and picnicking.
Ride or Hike the Napa Valley Vine Trail
Rent bikes or bring your own, pack a picnic lunch, and get an early start as you walk or pedal the 12.5-mile Vine Trail that runs from Napa to Yountville. Take a break along the way to enjoy a brunch and perhaps spot a beautiful hot air balloon California floating majestically above.
Walk for Animals
On August 5, you and your family can join Napa’s Dog Walk to support Napa Humane in promoting the welfare of animals through protection, advocacy, and education.
Contact Balloons Above the Valley
For information and reservations about a hot air balloon California experience, contact us at Balloons Above the Valley, 1-800-464-6824. This unforgettable family-friendly adventure will bring smiles of joy to every member of the family.
Don’t forget to ask about our optional gourmet brunch following the flight.