Getting away to Napa Valley during the holidays is the perfect way for a couple to escape the hustle and routine of ordinary life. The crowds are smaller, the lines are shorter, and reservations are easier to make. Hotels and spas may be discounted during the winter.
Romantic restaurants, wine tasting events, and live entertainment are accessible on short notice.
And, to highlight a memorable visit, greet the morning by sharing one of our famous hot air balloons California rides. While drifting gently above the rooftops of the Valley below, you and your partner can view and photograph the awe-inspiring sights of the vineyards, towns, and mountains.
Hotels for Couples
Although most hotels and events are designed for accommodating families or groups, some also focus on providing couples with a relaxing and romantic atmosphere. With elegantly appointed rooms designed for maximum comfort and quiet, some offer views and amenities so magnificent that couples may not wish to leave. Here are a few romantic hotels noted in a San Francisco CBS report:
- Auberge du Soleil consists of elegant Italian-style architecture with all the amenities.
- Duchamp Hotel is made up of six private cottages nestled in a mature olive grove.
- Milliken Creek Inn and Spa offer top of the line touches for couples.
- The Cottages of Napa Valley features indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- Meritage Resort and Spa includes a 22,000 square foot spa and private wine tastings.
- North Block Hotel and Spa provides in-room six-foot bathtubs and onsite spa
Napa Valley has a wide range of spas and spa services. Book a massage for yourself and your partner before you set out for your evening adventures. Everything seems to be more pleasurable following a relaxing massage treatment.
Coming to Napa Valley without tasting the wine is like going to a ballgame without having a hot dog. Napa Valley boasts over 400 excellent wineries, each wanting you to sample their products. And, you may even schedule a wine tasting in conjunction with other events like after your hot air balloon rides in Napa Valley or as part of many of the vineyard tours.
Avoid the wait during this winter season and enjoy the food and atmosphere of Napa Valley’s top restaurants. Phone ahead, book your reservation and savor a sumptuous, fireplace or candle-lit dinner.
Each Napa Valley community is presenting holiday programs in December designed for both families and couples. Here are a few suggestions:
- Napa: Holiday Light Tours- Hop onto the Napa Wine Trolley and tour historic downtown Napa while enjoying the holiday lights and classic holiday music.
- Helena: Jingle All the Way- Enjoy the holiday roller rink in Lyman Park along with great food and, naturally, excellent wines.
- Yountville: Holidays in Yountville features carriage rides, movies, Nutcracker performances, a Broadway spectacular, and more. Check out the Yountville Calendar of Holiday Events while planning your couple’s getaway
Hot Air Balloon California
The joyous memory of sharing an aerial view from one of our hot air balloon rides Napa Valley by Balloons Above the Valley will remain with you for a long time. Guests who have enjoyed one of our flights heartily recommend the experience to family members and friends. Our pilots are certified balloonists and go to great lengths to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
To learn more and reserve your hot air balloon rides Napa Valley-style during your couple’s outing, visit our website. Or, you may phone ahead at +1-800-464-6824.