Christmas in Napa Valley is a magical time. Adorned with beautifully decorated streets, homes, parks, and businesses, Napa Valley’s communities offer many specially created seasonal events and activities.
When you escape to the joyous towns of Napa Valley, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy your holiday break and evoke the warm feelings of the season. With so many things to do, you may want to plan ahead to make sure you get the most from your visit.
- The Santa Train
Ride the Napa Valley Santa Train, a restored turn-of-the-century train that will transport your family and friends from the City of Napa to the North Pole. Enjoy sharing cocoa and cookies (and other treats!) with Santa and his Elves as you make a musical journey to the North Pole and back. The train will operate until December 23rd when Santa must get busy with other activities.
- Community Celebration in Yountville
Holidays in Yountville will present community-wide holiday events until New Year’s Day 2020. The town is adorned with twinkling lights, live music, and fantastic foods from their award-winning restaurants. Photos with Santa, special movie presentations, a Broadway spectacular, and much more make up this perfect family getaway.
- The Nutcracker at Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theater will have three performances on December 21 and 22. Enjoy the iconic Nutcracker music as you and your budding ballerinas become mesmerized by the incredible dance performances.
- Napa Valley Balloon Rides presented by Balloons Above the Valley are terrific ways to begin a day and celebrate the Holidays. See the pristine communities from your lofty perspective as your hot air balloon rides drift lazily above. Purchase gift certificates which you can use year round!
- Jingle All the Way in St. Helena until December 29. Lyman Park in St. Helena will feature a Winter Wonderland roller rink and light show plus plenty of live music each night. Enjoy the food, wine, and a hot toddy while you participate in some of the specially-themed celebrations.
- Enjoy Calistoga’s Winter in the Wineries Passport, a chance to visit up to sixteen of the local wineries. For the price of only $60 per person, you will be able to participate in wine tastings as well as receive discounts at local shops, lodgings, and spas.
- Napa Holiday Light Tours will be presented on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through December 22. During your 90-minute Napa Valley Wine Trolley Ride, the whole family will view the beautiful holiday lights around the city while singing traditional Christmas songs and tasting the candy canes.
- Buche de Noel at Silverado Cooking School once again presents their fantastic Christmas Cake Baking Class on December 22 from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Chef Sasha will teach you how to create a unique and decadent Yule Log holiday treat that you may take home when the class ends.
Reserve Your Holiday Balloon Rides in Napa Valley
Experience an unforgettable holiday experience with Balloons Above the Valley as you float gently above the Valley floor in one of our professionally piloted Napa Valley balloons. As you drift slowly above, you will catch sight of the familiar pristine communities, wineries, vineyards, and, of course, the glorious mountain backdrop. We offer discounted gift certificates which you can use anytime!
Contact Balloons Above the Valley for your Holiday reservations and gift certificates for unforgettable balloon rides Napa Valley. Visit our website, or phone (800)-464-6824,